Sunday 31 May 2015

Last minute decision!

Well, in my usual style, a wedding on Saturday & Thursday afternoon I decide I need a new dress to wear!
I've been drawn to the Date Night Dress by April Rhodes & those gorgeous flutter sleeves, for some time.   Luckily, we have the perfect fabric in store - a cotton/silk mix in a blue & grey paisley.

A simple rolled hem on my overlocker, turned into a late night trauma, as the thread didn't want to stay on the fabric!!!
During the night, I remembered the packets of water soluble stabiliser in the shop. What a life saver, you just sew over strips of the stabiliser & then rinse it out under a cold tap. 100% miracle, sanity saving product!
I think the photo shows the lovely results!
Luckily, a nude,bias cut slip from another dress fitted under it perfectly & along with my jeans belt - outfit sorted!
A wonderful afternoon/evening was had, followed by a night under canvas & back to the marquee for breakfast! 





No comments:

Post a Comment